Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Help! Latest Update on Clydesdale Project

Between Christmas and New Years, I started this big (in scale and amount of work) project.  I've taken many more in progress pictures that I hope to share, but for now I'm excited to say that I've reached the first coat of primer stage!  Also the "whoa, I've got a lot more work to do" stage.


It's now time for bed on this side of the world, but tomorrow I will be back at it.  I hope to do her mane, tail, and some other detailing, as well as spot filling and sanding.  Overall I'm pleasantly surprised at how smooth she is!  I expected MUCH more roughness to deal with, but I guess my pre-primer sand, fill, sand routine worked well.


Now for a big question:

Stallion or mare??

All along I've been thinking of her as a her, but I've had two people tell me over the past day that "she" looks more like a "he".  I've already sculpted the girl bits, but they could be turned into boy bits.  If I'm going to do that though - now is the time! 

Well, tomorrow is the time.

6 comments:

  1. Good grief, a girl. History has precedent. A mare can be masculine without being male.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen to your subject. She/He will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed, models speak up, but I spy feminine qualities of a strong gal! Can’t wait to see how s/he progresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! She was always a she and in the end I kept it that way. <3

      Delete