Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Quick Post: Vision Board

In a group I joined here locally, we started making vision boards last week.  Yesterday we finished them.  The idea was to use it for things that we hope to do, or see, or want to keep in mind over the next 3 months - until the new year.  Limited to a pile of magazines (most of them mine, because: horses) here's what I came up with:


The highlights of what I want to work toward: an organized studio, and making more model horse stuff (Arabian presentation and costumes, pads and saddles, etc.).  I want to get my little collection of plants, Bonsai,  and sprouted seeds, all organized for the winter.  In money matters, I want to get set up to make the studio a "real" business next year (after thinking about it for years now).  I want to work on my energy crisis (being tired all of the time) and related to that: work on health and fitness. 

My long range fitness goal is top right: the Tevis Cup.  It is something I have wanted to do ever since I was a kid and first heard about it.  I had actually just decided to go for it and started conditioning myself and Bo for trying endurance..  right before we found out we would be moving to Japan.  I can't really do anything about getting my own horse ready for it while we are here, but I can work on myself and I hope to do that.

Overall, I want to remind myself that I am enough.  I feel almost constant pressure (self imposed, mostly) to do more, more, more.  While I never want to stop learning and doing and always want to work towards being a better version of myself, I think it's important not to lose sight of being "enough" at any given time.  It's a balancing act and one I'd like to get better at. 




No comments:

Post a Comment