Thursday, December 22, 2016

Model Horse-Related Retail Therapy

I've been feeling quite frazzled the last few weeks, thanks to the sudden boom in our laser business.

It's a good problem to have, I realize that, but "success" can be utterly exhausting.  Particularly when it hits this time of year, and all at once.  It all came to a bit of a head yesterday when I broke down crying in the car outside of the post office, after we mailed off several boxes of (late) Christmas presents.  Jeff was there for me, he told me that I'm doing really well getting things done, but I certainly don't feel like it.  I told him I feel like I've got nothing left.

Thankfully, the "rush" is winding down now and I've declared that starting tomorrow (Friday) we will be closing up shop for the holidays.  I told Jeff that I'd really like to stay "closed" until after New Years and get back at it the first week of January.  So that's the plan.  Next week I plan to do: nothing!

Well, except a lot of studio stuff hopefully.

I'm SO looking forward to that!!

Christmas is almost upon us and, thanks to some sales in my Etsy shop (whoo-hoo!), I have a bit of money in my very own "hobby fund".  So I just went on a tiny bit of a Merry-Christmas-to-me shopping spree today, between eBay and Etsy (wealth redistribution?) and bought some little things that I've had my eye on.  Mostly things in the tack supply category (as always) and one completely frivolous purchase: a 1:9 scale doll-sized tote bag...

I do not have a doll, no, not even one.

(yet)

Nor do I have anything specific and relevant to illustrate this post, so..

Below, feast your eyes on my cat - in a box.  She was helping in the Christmas box packing, all day yesterday.  Here, apparently investigating the soundness of a bunch of airbags that I planned to reuse.


1 comment:

  1. I call em airpillows... Good idea with the self set break from work, and kudos for Jeff.

    ReplyDelete