Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Tokyo - Day Four

Today we started out by going to the Pokemon Center.  Our traveling companions are big Pokemon fans and we are sort of interested in it now, thanks to Pokemon GO.


I bought a small keychain of a fox Pokemon.

Our next stop was the Sunshine Aquarium; which, interestingly enough, is on the 10th floor of a massive indoor mall/office building.


I have mixed feelings about aquariums; I love to see the fish and animals up close that I might never be able to see in the wild.  However, I feel it'd be better for them to be in the wild.  On the other flipside of all that, humans have done so much to kill the ocean that maybe the creatures are "better off" in captivity at this point.  It's hard to say.

Social commentary and deep, conflicted, thoughts aside, I took 330-some-odd pictures there today since I do love the natural world.  Sadly, I don't have it in me to go through them; I am exhausted.

I did want to share my favorite fish of the day:


I had never seen or heard of anything like this.  Our friends told us it's a dusky batfish.  It looks like some sort of anime character, or a Pokemon!   I took a bunch of pictures of him, or her.

Look for aquarium pictures in a future post, probably after we get home and I get rested.

Tomorrow is our last full day in Tokyo and possible things on the docket include a zoo, the Sky Tree, more shopping, maybe an expo that we just found out about today.

For now it is time for some much needed SLEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment