Thursday, August 20, 2015

Practice presentation progress

Here's where the practice presentation set is at the moment:  I have the beginnings of a halter!


There's still more work to be done on it, but I'm happy with how it looks so far.  I have a small box of random "tack hardware", as I've labeled it, and I was very happy to find some chain in there that looks to be a good size.


Even better news is that I have quite a bit of it, so I should have plenty for several presentation sets or costumes.

I also started stringing and beading a handful of tassels for the collar,


and halter.


I struggled a bit with which color beads to use.  So far I've been tying all of my tassels with black thread, since black goes with everything, but for these red tassels I used yellow, to try something different.  I thought about using yellow beads, but alas, the beads I have are nowhere near the same shade of yellow.  Short of redoing the tassels to match a color of bead that I have (certainly a consideration for the future!), I thought the black and silver could work.  I'm still not 100% convinced and might change my mind, but for now that's how they look.

The tassels will also need to be trimmed, they are still the same length as when I made them.  Trimming them all will probably be my last step before sewing them on to the collar and halter so I can make sure how long I want them to be.

I'd like to try my first attempt at shark's teeth charms and cowrie shells, but I might also leave this first set plain and see how that looks.  I want to get to the point where I can do a fully "decked out" costume, but...  baby steps might be better.

Even if I don't do all of the embellishments, I have a lot more work to do - but I'm happy that parts of this latest creation are starting to come together..

No comments:

Post a Comment