Saturday, July 16, 2016

Quick Post - Supply Score

I just couldn't wait to share this, though, alas, no pictures yet.

Tonight we had a couple of friends, Holly and John, over.  Right after they got here, Holly told me that someone on the local "Yard Sale" Facebook page was selling a bunch of beads.  I was somewhat interested, then she added that they were also selling a bunch of embroidery floss.  THAT got my attention.  Yes, yes, though I already have a lot of it, I'm always on the lookout for more.  I contacted the seller, the beads and floss were still available.  So Holly and I left Jeff and John to visit while we set out on a quick little expedition into town (we also stopped and picked up chips and dip and ice cream for the night).

I am SO excited with what I ended up buying!  The woman handed me a big, heavy tote bag, crammed full of other bags, containers, etc.  When we got back to the house, I did a quick investigation of most of the contents.  She'd said there were over 300 skeins of floss and I don't doubt it.  We're talking bags and bags of the stuff.  I really, reeeally wanted to start sorting it all, but didn't want to cover the kitchen table in the middle of our little get together this evening.  Tomorrow I think I'll dig into it all.  (yay!)

The beads are nice too; there are all sorts of sizes and shapes, also a lot of beading wire and string, some tools, jewelry findings, etc, etc!

I plan to share some pictures soon.  Maybe tomorrow.  ;)  I usually try not to do picture-less posts, but I couldn't wait to share!  :D

1 comment:

  1. Yayness! Nothing like a good buy to make your day! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete