Sunday, August 23, 2015

Festival season

Summer is festival season in northern Japan.  There have been several in our area so far, with even more to come in the next couple of weeks.  Today was the last day of the local city festival and it was Jeff's first day off in over a week.  It was also our Anniversary and it was nice to be able to spend the day together.

I didn't get any crafting done today, because we were out and about, looking at things like this:


That is a massive float in a parade... moving down the street...  being pulled by people.

Adding to my list of blog posts I want to make about things we've seen here, would be a post about this parade.  It was amazing.  As usual, I took a ton of pictures, and video too, but it is late here and I'm off to bed for now.

Maybe I should pick a day of the week to do a regular Japan post.  Hmmm...



No comments:

Post a Comment