Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Stamps

I knew that a hard part of this move would be being separated from all of my creative supplies, and all of my model horses, for so long.  I'd gotten quite content with the fact that I had a room full of horses and craft supplies (though, it was most often a MESS...) and that I could go down there and make something whenever I wanted to.  Granted, there were often days - or even weeks - when I didn't make much of anything, but the option was always there.  I was bothered by having all of those options packed up and shipped off (no really, on a cargo ship!), leaving me with nothing to feed the creative bug.  I did keep some of my cross-stitch supplies, and have managed to make a few new saddle pads over the past couple of months.  I am glad that I had that bit of a creative outlet to work on.

However, there is one small thing that I've been carrying with me for the past couple of months (or more).  In addition to model horse related things, I also enjoy paper crafts.  I haven't really gotten into scrapbooking, but I love making greeting cards, bookmarks, and so on.  I have quite a collection of rubber stamps, that had exploded over the past year and a half after I had been a part of a Stampin' Up club.  I love stamping, it is so much fun.  It is something I share in common with my Granny - the person that I get my love of creating crafts from.

I was a little sad that all of my stamps, ink, papers, embellishments, etc., etc., would all be shipped off.  Right around the time that the movers had come and taken everything, I ended up in Michael's.  I wanted to roam around and look at crafty stuff.  They have bins of stamps for $1.50 and I would almost always find something I want in there.  That day I ended up buying this little stamp set:




In the Stampin' Up club, one time we had used little banner stamps and a punch to make some neat cards.  I didn't have any banner stamps, but as soon as I saw these I knew what I could use them for.  So, I bought them and stuck them in my purse.

They've been in my purse this whole time - right alongside my wallet, passport, important papers, and other can't-do-without-during-an-overseas-move items.  Every now and then I pull them out of my purse and smile.  They make me smile I think, because they make me think of my Granny - I miss her already - and they make me think of all of the fun things that I'll be able to make once the rest of my supplies get here.

Maybe it's a silly thing, to be carrying a little package of cheap rubber stamps along on this whole crazy adventure we've been on, but they've brought a smile to my face more than once while things were going... crazy on this move and so that's why they have come along for the ride.




We've been in our new house for a few weeks now and the craft supplies have already started to trickle in.  Also, a couple more boxes recently arrived, containing more Studio supplies that were forgotten in the great Move.

References, fabric, yarn, yay!!

As for the rest of the Great Move?  All of the rest of our belongings are scheduled to be delivered on Thursday!!  :D

Soon, I'll be making stuff again...  Soon.


1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Bobbie. Time will come. Use the blank time to dream up new projects. And thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete