Thursday, December 25, 2014

Wonderful White Christmas

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.  For me, it snowed all day and Jeff was home.  That's about as perfect as it gets - I couldn't ask for more.

I did get a few great presents from Jeff, on top of an already wonderful day.

Yesterday, he brought home a huge, beautiful bouquet of flowers, the highlight of which is...  snapdragons!  I've never seen them in a flower arrangement before.  They are one of my all time favorite flowers, I always think of my Granddad making the flowers "talk" to me when I was little.

First up this morning, I found out that Jeff bought me a beautiful blue skit and coin bracelets for belly dancing.  I was taking lessons last winter, before hurting my shoulder and having to give up on dancing (and everything else for a while).  It's something I've always wanted to do and I was having a lot of fun with it.  I have some really neat outfits to dance in, thanks to Jeff.  He knew I'd been wanting a long skirt and the one he bought for me looks really neat.

Next up was a gorgeous book that I had seen at our local bookstore (while buying books for Jeff for Christmas).  I had mentioned it to him and then yesterday he tried to be all sneaky and go get it for me after he left work...  but he couldn't find it in the store.  He ended up calling me and asking where it was.  Despite me knowing that he bought it yesterday, he wrapped it up and made me wait until this morning.  It was worth the wait, this book is STUNNING.




I have loved Akhal-Teke horses ever since I was a little girl.  I am really wanting to work on some custom Akhal-Teke models now, with such an incredible reference book about them in my library!  (much more about this topic later, I'm sure)

My big present, the one he had me open last, was this:




Yes, I play World of Warcraft (WoW), and have for seven years now!  Though I've been on a bit of a hiatus from the game for a while now - several months at least.  The last several game expansions, I've gotten the Collector's Editions and I love them.  They come with the game content, but also an art book, soundtrack CD, mousepad with more artwork on it, and a Behind the Scenes/Making Of DVD.  Also, they have exclusive items to use in the game.  I love all of the extras.

It's been a wonderful day, I've carefully flipped through my beautiful new book (trying to keep it in perfect condition), watched the WoW Making of DVD, upgraded my game, and played a bit.  Jeff spent most of the day playing with the new things I got for him - a remote-controlled quad rotor and a few model kits.  I also got him a travel book for Japan and a picture book on abandoned sites in the world (an interest of his).


What a wonderful day, I don't want it to end...

No comments:

Post a Comment