Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Best. Thanksgiving/Christmas. Ever!

We went to Arizona to visit my Granny for Thanksgiving.  Years ago, before my Granddad passed away, Thanksgiving used to be the time for our family reunion.  Their Anniversary falls around Thanksgiving and it just became the time for all their kids and grandkids to gather.  We would also do Christmas at the same time, since everyone would be together.

This year was the first big family get together since Granddad passed away.  It was a bittersweet time for me; I loved seeing my uncles again, my Granny, and my mom.  It was fun to see my cousins again, they sure have grown up!  However, I still miss my Granddad and it just didn't seem right to be there as a family without him.  I like to think he was smiling down on us and laughing at our crazy stories and the good times we had.


My husband, Jeff, and I were the first ones to arrive, so we had some time to spend with Granny before everyone else got there.

Granny gave me a box of earrings that were from her mom.  Her mother never had pierced ears and neither do I!  It was a neat thing to find out about my Granny Margaret, that we shared.  So Granny gave me a box of beautiful vintage clip on earrings.  I was really excited, but she was just getting warmed up!

Some of my readers may remember the box of stamps that Granny sent me a while ago, including the "infamous" chicken marching band stamp.Granny is who I get most of my creativity from; growing up with her making all kinds of neat things inspired me. 

Granny pointed to a blue tote on the floor and said "You're not gonna believe what's in there and it's all for you!"



She took it to the kitchen table and said, "You like rubber stamps?" then flipped the top open. 


 
 
 The tote was chock full of stamps!!  Plus all of the side pockets were full of clear acrylic stamps, colored pencils, assorted embellishments, and..  even more rubber stamps!!



I was in shock, but there was more...  She also gave me two scrapbook paper cases - full of paper:



Plus a crimper tool, which I had never seen before, but here's what it does:




How cool!! 

Thank you SO much, Granny!  I'm going to have SO much fun with all of these goodies!  (I already am!) 


My Granny and I:




No comments:

Post a Comment