Saturday, July 28, 2012

New Greeting Cards

Ok, here, at long last, is a post with PICTURES!

These are some of the cards I've made over the past few months, all soon to be listed on ArtFire:








I used new techniques on several of them, including neoprene foam elements on several of them, a layering effect on the mermaid card, along with an actual dried starfish added on that one.  For the Patriotic/4th of July card, the white stars were stamped with my first ever handmade stamp.  It turned out much better than I had hoped!

I hand drew a star, transferred it onto neoprene foam and cut it out  Then, instead of ink, I used white acrylic paint, applied onto the stamp with a paint brush, and then went to town!  I was very happy with the results.

A few of the stamps used: the ducks, the mermaids, and the girls in swimsuits, are from the collection of vintage stamps that my Granny gave me.  (earlier readers may remember my obsession at the time with a certain chicken marching band stamp that also came in the box - I still haven't used that one yet, bit rest assured - I WILL!  mwahahahaha....)







No comments:

Post a Comment